Friday, February 17, 2012

The Moments Before the Awkward Ostrich Made an Appearance.

So, despite the fact that I really need to get in bed so that I can be well-rested in the morning, I am going to write this blog post! I told myself that I had to learn all of the different types and classifications of joints and the parts to the synovial cavity before I could write this, and I did, so here we are. Here we go (because every blog post is a journey!)... 
Tonight, I went to Wesley, like usual. I am a big Wesley fan, and love going- I like going places where God shows up (and recently, that's been about everywhere haha). But, before it started, I was standing talking to a couple of friend's of mine while we saved our little row of seats for our group. Out of the corner of my eye, this girl caught my attention, and I noticed that she was crying. She was sitting in her seat alone crying, and I could tell that it didn't seem to be tears of joy either. She had a an expression on her face that show she was distressed in someway, but obviously, I didn't know the details.
Well, I then feel called to go pray for her because prayer can be a big comfort because after all, God is the best comforter we will ever have. After all, no one knows us better than God. So, I am standing there, and was my typical self, I debated with myself whether or not I would go pray with her. While debating with myself, I was having a conversation with my friend Callie, and I made a comment to her, bringing her attention to the girl. And in my comment, I said, "I feel like I should kinda go and pray with her, but I'm debating with myself." I love Callie's response and it's the whole reason I'm writing this post. She said in return, "Stop debating- if you are called to go do it, then Go." I love her directness. It wasn't "well ask God if that's what He wants you to do," or "Well, maybe if He laid it on your heart, that's what you should do." No, it was a direct statement- if you are called, go and do it, no questions asked. It's a call for simply obedience to my Heavenly Father, and that one sentence spoke volumes to me in that moment. Yes, I did immediately go and pray for her, and no, I don't know why she was crying. But I do know that as I walked over to go and pray for her, I felted overwhelmed with JOY- part of the debate in my head was "it will be awkward, and uncomfortable." It wasn't awkward or uncomfortable at all. That was simply an attempt of the enemy to make me cower in fear, but guess what, he lost and Jesus won and I got His Joy and Strength in return! If that is what I get for being obedient, then let's do some more obedience- let's obey wholeheartedly with no questions asked, because what is possibly greater than the love, joy, and strength of my AMAZING Abba Father? The answer to that question is absolutely nothing. NOTHING is greater than that. And I can tell you that joy just flooded over in my life in that next couple of hours and even now. (and then, later right before Wesley started, me and Callie were making awkward hand animals like the awkward ostrich- just ask me at some point when you see me if you need a demonstration haha) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment as you wish :)