Sunday, October 13, 2013

The Start of A New Beginning


I'm actually handwriting this post and then typing it up, and I happen to be doing it in a composition book that I found in my room at home-home (aka: my parent's house). It's actually the book I got when I joined SWAT a couple years back. It has the logo glued on the front and everything.

I look over the past few years- from the actual real beginning of my college career (scrap that pre-college stuff) up until now. If someone had told me before I began at UGA, what all the next few years would entail, I most definitely wouldn't have believe him. I would have laughed and said "It's not possible. There is no way."


LIfe has thrown me many unusual twists and turns. "But, Morgan, life throws everyone twists and turns."  I think you'd be really surprised at the circumstances that I've found myself; none of them have a typical game book. "Your best friend breaks up with her boyfriend. Thus, you go and do [blank] or you say [blank]." "Unfortunately life has thrown you an unfortunate twist. Your grandmother has died. Thus, you go, do, and say [blank]." "YAY! You're best friend is getting married, so you go, do, and say [blank]." Yeah, none of that jazz; none of my circumstances would ever be found on a Life Game Board.

Over the past couple of years, I've known great joy and peace and had mountain top moments. I've had the reverse with great heartbreak and betrayal, watching my heart shatter into a million different pieces on the floor, unsure of how to pick myself up. And I've know the in-between. I've had moments of just chugging along, moments of great shock and surprise, moments of just time.

To be honest though, while my situations and circumstances are always crazy, I'm glad that there isn't a playbook. They have all grown different parts of me. I've watched myself strengthened in the areas of perseverance and faith because I had no other option. I've watched myself strengthened in love and support of others because that was simply what God called me to do. Not having a playbook overall has strengthened my trust and dependence on God because in the end He is the only one who can change me, mold me, and make me into the masterpiece that He designed for me to be. 
A while back, I stopped really writing in my blog except for every now and again. I stopped writing because the enemy took the joy away- he told me that anything I had to say was meaningless, that it didn't matter, and it would never change anyone. He was wrong because at the end of the day, if it doesn't change anyone else, it changes me because they are all revelations that I gain and gather along the way.

I hope to start writing again. Maybe it will take off. Life has taught me a lot to be quite honest. I know why I am here. I know why I have the career goals that I do. I may not know all the details of my life, and as much as I beg God to give me a glimpse, I think I like the journey of random surprises around each turn. I dare you to surprise me at this point; I'm not sure that it's possible. haha Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad one.

I hope and pray that as I begin to journey again that maybe you'll find something useful in it! There's no telling where God will take me next or what He will teach me. It changes every day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment as you wish :)