Sunday, December 18, 2011

And the train goes Choo Choo!

I’ve only told (actually I wrote it) this story once, but I had thought about it recently and decided to share. Maybe it will inspire some people like it has me. So here we go…
There was one Wednesday night back in February at church that was absolutely mind blowing to me. God showed up in a massive way and took my breath away. It was amazing and honestly, life changing. That night I went back home and I spent some more time with God, taking it all in. I have a journal entry from that night that I’ve referred back to so many times as a reminder of what an awesome God I serve. But it’s what came next that provided hope. 
I went to bed like always and expected to sleep very very well. I got myself comfy and drifted away to the world of dreams where absolutely anything is possible. But God had a specific dream this night. I remember that I dreamt that I was in the crowd of people listening to Jesus teach, and we were all sitting and he was half sitting, kinda squatting down so that he was a little higher than the people. We were in somewhere that had a dirt floor and it was kinda like a big open barn type building. I remember touching the edge of his robe and kinda playing with it because he moved my hand away from it. His robe was a maroon color by the way, not that it actually matters… but it was what happened next. Jesus stopped talking, and when he stopped, everyone I guess assumed he was done, so they began to talk amongst themselves, but I was still sitting in front of the Messiah. I caught his gaze at one point as he was kinda staring off, staring into the crowd of people and at me. But his gaze was one of compassion and I remember that his gaze said “You don’t realize what I’m about to do for you, the pain I’m about to suffer, but I love you sooo much that I’m willing to do it. for you.” and I woke up literally right after the gaze, but as I laid in bed in the dark, I heard a train in the distance, and in the middle of the night, a train whistle almost has a trumpet kind of sound. And I was already laying in wonder at the dream I just had, but the train reminded me that Jesus is coming back. The train whistle reminded me that one day trumpets are going to sound the return of the KING OF KINGS and LORD OF LORDS. I was filled with soooo much hope right then, that Jesus is really going to be coming back, and the pain of this life is nothing in the joy and hope of Jesus. And when he gathers all of his people, nothing else will matter. 
Revelation 3:11-13
I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown. Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.
He’s coming again. He promises and He doesn’t break a promise. His word is better than gold. 
Every time I hear a train whistle now, I think back to that night, back to that hope to which I now cling, because I know he’s coming again to take his bride. He will return. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment as you wish :)