Sunday, December 18, 2011

This is One Exciting Blog Post that YOU should read!

Morgan’s Jargon (yes, it is jargon because all of it means truly absolutely nothing): 
It kinda funny to when I think about how many people actually read anything I write… I wonder how many people will actually read what I’m about to write (As a word of warning, don’t actually tell me that you read this because then I will know who is actually reading and that could potentially make me nervous and thus, hinder my writing ability… and that would be sad…) The funny thing is that I can potentially write anything and all of my banter up to this point may cause people to stop reading, but consider this the introduction and a part of my writing style and we’ll get to the good stuff right about now…
The Good Stuff (the stuff that isn’t jargon or banter… though a few side comments might be thrown in):
I was having coffee a couple of days ago with a very good and dear friend of mine, and we were having a really good conversation (it was nice to get to talk to her in person instead of on the phone- if she is reading this, she should really consider coming up to Athens for a visit sometime soon- we have lots of coffee places up there :) ) and we talking and at one point into the conversation- probably around the time when we were finished hour 1.5 of the 2 and half hour conversation- we were talking about truth and she said in relation to part of our conversation, “Is that person speaking truth about God or they speaking flattery?” And I was like “Oh, that’s a really good point, I hadn’t thought about that.” And I was thinking about that last night…  I will use my roommate Sarah as an example (hopefully, she doesn’t mind me pulling in her name here :P). I can tell you two different types of info about Sarah. Sarah is kind, sweet, sarcastic (oh she’s just as sarcastic as me- that must be why we get along so well :P), she’s funny, she’s dedicated, she likes to read, she likes coffee…. etc. or I can tell you that Sarah is kind and sweet because she so desperately wants to volunteer at the animal shelter, Sarah is sarcastic because of the conversations I’ve had with her where we’ve both poked fun at each other, Sarah likes to read because she read the book Redeeming Love in 2 days and it took me 4 and she flies through books and will spend a lot of time doing that, she’s dedicated because she will spend hours in the library doing school work and I don’t do that often or well, Sarah likes coffee because I got her addicted to it and because she will get it at OHouse (one of the dining places on campus) when we’re eating together or when we are eating a cookie in the room. And if you notice when I just list the traits of Sarah, you really don’t get to know anything about her. But if I tell you the truths of why those traits make up Sarah, then you actually get to know something about her. And God is the same way- I can speak a ton of flattery of God, but 1) God doesn’t need my flattery 2) my flattery of God does not bring other people to believe. I can say all day long that God is good, and He is, but anyone can say God is good. But it’s the truths that make the difference. God is good because He sent His One and Only Son to die for me on a cross, the most embarrassing, degrading, painful way possible both in the Roman world and probably still today (though thankfully, society has gotten past crucifying criminals…), God is good because He will never leave me or forsake me and He has proven that to me, God is good because of the miracles I’ve seen him do both within my life and the lives of others. There is such a difference between truth and flattery! So in your own life, what are you doing- are you simply speaking truth or are you speaking flattery? What about your friends, are they speaking truth about God or they just flattering Him? I’m not saying that me or anyone else should go around telling people that they should stop flattering- Im just saying examine your life and don’t judge your friends, but remember people you are around WILL affect you, there is no might affect you or they may affect you, they will. Note the affect I’ve had on my roommate, she’s gotten into drinking coffee, watching NCIS, and running because she’s around me and in the same way she’s affected me (but its gonna take me a minute to think of how… :P) hahaha but what are you doing? I am fully guilty of flattering God instead of pouring out truth to other people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment as you wish :)